County Ecumenical Development Officer
This post covers the City of Leicester and the County of Leicestershire.
Canon Vic Allsop is the County Ecumenical Development Officer and has been in post since August 2009. The post is a half time post. It is one that is home based and involves visiting Groups and Organisations in the City and County who work ecumenically.
In Leicestershire the CEDO:
- Works with the Church Leaders who cover the City and County.
- Works closely with the Enabling Group (The Intermediate Body) with regard to the governance of Churches Together.
- Has a commitment to the mission and unity of the Church.
- Has an objective to visit all Churches Together Groups in the City and County.
- Has an objective to work with and be known by all Churches/Chaplaincies who are part of a Local Ecumenical Partnership (LEP).
- To be a part of any Review process and procedure for a LEP and to be available to give support, encouragement and advice to these Partnerships.
- To work with and be a part of our Co-ordinating Groups, namely, The Trichy Link Group (ecumenical link with the Trichy Diocese which is part of the Church of South India CSI) and Leicestershire Churches Media (who run Sing Christmas)
- To work with and support those groups who work ecumenically, such as:
- Christian Praise!
- Leicester @ The Cross
- Leicester City of Sanctuary
- St Philips Centre
- Street Pastor Groups in Leicestershire.
- Leicestershire Historic Churches Trust
- Leicestershire Quiet Gardens
- Faith in People with HIV
- The Torch Trust
- To network and share ecumenical opportunities and information in and around the City and County of Leicestershire when and where possible.
- To support ecumenical initiatives from the different denominations within the City and County.